Who is a General Surgeon?
Dr. Sachin Deore is General Surgeon in Nashik. A general surgeon is a physician who has been educated and trained in the diagnosis, operative, and postoperative management of patient care. General Surgery requires knowledge of body, emergency, and intensive care.
The general surgeon is trained to provide operational care for the patient. This includes making surgical management of the patient; and the surgical treatment.
General Surgeons are involved in head and neck surgery, pediatric surgery, abdomen and its contents, endocrine system. They are also expected to treat burn patients. Despite the name General surgery, it is actually a surgical specialty. General surgeons also have the versatility to work in a variety of settings, with many diverse types of medical teams and patients.
When to see a General Surgeon?
- They have been referred by their doctor
- The Surgical method needed is within the reach of the general surgeons
- The patients require emergency care
- The patients need both pre- and post-surgical care
- Minimally invasive surgeries are recommended
Different Methods of General Surgery?
With technology advancement today, surgery does not necessarily mean large incisions as was previously. Depending on the type of surgery, there are different methods that can be performed:
- Open surgery- It means cutting the skin and tissues so that the surgeon has a full view of the organs involved. Eg- Removal of infected gallbladder or kidneys.
- Minimally invasive surgery- It is a technique involved in surgery that does not require a large cut. This new approach allows the patient to recover soon.